Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaky windows making me NUTS!

Posted by beth1954 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 13:33

Our mobile home seems to keep settling. We had a 2 year drought, now we are getting quite a bit of rain. Nothing works properly anymore. The front door barely shuts, the back door leaks and the hallway floods because of it. We have at least 5 leaky windows. We have to put towels on the window sill, and replace them when they get totally soaked with water. We have had some of those windows caulked--twice--and still have the leaks. The wood on the window sills is getting soft. We don't have much money...at all.......I'm really concerned and don't know how to get this fixed w/o it costing a fortune! Any ideas??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaky windows making me NUTS!

Wow, you really have a mess on your hands there! When you have alot of rain like that, it could be your roofing! Have you checked to see if there are any shingles along the roof that may have blown off? Perhaps it's time to call in a contractor to give you a "free" estimate. Do you have insurance?

o

My handy-man friend has been on the roof since the leaks started and he didn't mention anything looking bad. He notices EVERYTHING! I guess I should have someone come and look at it, but I'm afraid it will be way too expensive for me. We have very little money to spare for repairs, but I know it's important to get them done. My friend has been real busy, and didn't have the time to look at them for me again the last time he was here. Thanks for responding, Pippie!

o

If it is a newer home the windows will come off fairly easy, I would pull the windows and reset them, it should not take more then 1 hr per average window.

Lee
Resident manager of over 20 years.

o

OK, when you say reset, does that just mean to pull them out, maybe caulk or replace trim and put them back in?
By the way, it's a 1998 Fleetwood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here