Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ceiling strips

Posted by heartzlink (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 1:38

Hi , my DH and I have started removing all those nasty wall strips in our MH... so far so good, the strips on the walls came off easily, have covered nicely and seem pretty well blended into the wall as far as smoothness... we still have a ways to go on our first full room and one of the questions we have run into is the ceiling strips.... they are not just 'stapled' in as the walls were....they seem to be a T shape that the ceiling panels lock into.... very hard to remove or it seems.... has anyone else out there removed these or found a way to 'cover' them to update the look of the ceiling... I had thought if I could easily remove them, I would cover the old textured ceiling with paintable wall paper that looks like bead board but it seems they are really hard to remove so any one got ideas? or pics? Thanks in advance .....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ceiling strips

No one seems to know so we'll move this on down.

o
RE: ceiling strips

testing posting pics

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz264/peasantgirl_bucket/Renovations 2010 to my first house/th_DSCN4894.jpg?t=1284159765

o
testing pics

test
[IMG]http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz264/peasantgirl_bucket/Renovations 2010 to my first house/DSCN4894.jpg[/IMG]

o
sorry

sorry, hadn't found the test forum yet when I tried these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here