Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our Modular Home Video

Posted by fllwfan (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 16, 06 at 23:45

I bought a modular home for a small lakehouse this past year. The house was set in September of 2005. I have video of the lot just after it was cleared and at different times of the excavation and basement foundation leading to the video of the house being lifted by crane and set on the foundation.

The house is from Design Homes in Wisconsin. It is a 28' x 42' Loft home. You'll see in the video how they raise the roof on site. I am finishing up the inside ceiling with knotty pine (that will be done next week). I am doing much of the interior work in the loft on my own.

The video is about 16 minutes and 46 seconds. I used some nifty moviemaking software to edit it and added some cheesy music. It is a wmv (Windows Media file).

Click to play video.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our Modular Home Video

Sorry folks. I had to delete the video file. Took up too much bandwith.

o
Modular Home Video - Bob Vila Show

Here are some videos from Bob Vila's website about a modular home project they did a couple of years ago. They have several segments in the modular factory that show how the houses are stick-built. That is, stick-built in a factory instead of on-site. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bob Vila - Modular Home videos

o

Wow, that house is amazing! I'm definitely going to look into getting a modular home for our next house.

o
FLLWFAN- I would like to see photos!

fllwfan! I was so looking forward to seeing your video!!! We took alot of photos and video, but I don't know how to show people the video, but here are our photos! We set this in 2004! I learned sooooooooooo much from sooooooooo many mistakes!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaOHDlm4bNWdK

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Modular Building Slideshow

o

BEAUTIFUL home Michele! Thanks for sharing!!!

o

Wow! We are having a Modular home built (actually is finished, just waiting to be delivered)that will be used as a model home for a business. It is a Cape style with the second floor and one large dormer. It is our first try at this, and since it isn't going on a permanent site, it will be put on pylons. Then when it is finished being used as a model, we can sell it or move it onto a lot of our own. Can you give us any advice or suggestions on things to watch for? Where is your home? I am assuming that the neighborhood is comprised of all modular homes or is there a mixture?

BTW, a lovely home!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here