Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting the Ceiling

Posted by rainstorm (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 16, 07 at 23:30

The manufactured home I live in has that ceiling tile we probably all have like an acoustic tile. Mine run in long strips (entire length of room) and are about 14 inches wide with plastic strips in between. Each of the plastic strips is about 2 inches wide. I would love to paint over the entire ceiling and wonder what others have done.

Rain

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting the Ceiling

I did my bedroom ceiling & also the LR & DR. I found that by using a brush on the 2" widths..it worked well-like 'cutting in' on a wall. Once I filled the cracks with the brush-I used the roller to apply the rest. If you'd like them to have more sheen-use a semi-gloss paint.I Wish I had-I used a Satin instead.

o
RE: Painting the Ceiling

Sharon

What kind of primer did you use first? Did you have to put alot of coats on because it soaked alot of the paint?

Rain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here