Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Refacing Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by shades_of_idaho (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 29, 10 at 20:05

Has any one refaced their kitchen cabinets? We have real wood doors and drawers the rest is that paper over thin ply. Suggestions on where to start?
Thanks Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Refacing Kitchen Cabinets

I'm thinking the same thing. My cabinets are oak framing and all oak drawers and doors.My cabinets look great but for the sides has the fake ply also. I also have an island thats the same way. I'm going to get a cabinet person to add oak wood to the sides and cover the fake ply. This can be done.

o
RE: Refacing Kitchen Cabinets

Hi Forgot about posting this. We are almost finished with the kitchen refacing project. Adding the REAL wooden styles makes such a huge difference. We do have the ply sides but it is wood and not paper covered wood look.

I am pleased with how it is turning out. Very happy we decided to leave off the crown on the top too.Gives a cleaner look.

He did the work in stages so the kitchen was always usable.

Also adding a inside window in the guest bath. Non opening. Mostly to let light in.

If you already have the wood styles and doors drawers it should be easy to change the sides. We had pressed paper styles with contact paper like stuff over it. YUCK I still think you will end up with a veneer ply.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here