Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Excessive static electricity in Marlette Homes

Posted by Redmini47170 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 17:59

I am posting this question for a friend who has a month old Marlette Home and is experiencing excessive static electricity. She has had an electrician check the house, has gotten a humidifier. Marlette sent someone to check the problem and so far there are no answers. She wears leather soled shoes on the linoleum floor. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you fix it? She hopes the problem will lessen over time, but if not intends to send it back before the end of the warranty period. She is otherwise very happy with it but cannot live with constantly being shocked.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Excessive static electricity in Marlette Homes

Does she live in a cold climate, have synthetic carpeting/rugs? We have a 2002 Marlette and right now with low humidity I get some shocks. The humidifier runs 24/7 but can't keep up with the dry air as the furnace is running a lot during this deep freeze in the northeast.

o

She hopes the problem will lessen over time, but if not intends to send it back before the end of the warranty period.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that for her. I'd suggest (if she isn't already) she monitor the humidity throughout the home, with a couple of different humidity monitors, since they may, or may not be exactly accurate.

They aren't very expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monitors at Amazon

o

You need some moisture too dry in your home,
I put a full tea kettle on stove just let it simmer till dry occasionally when thers static

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here