Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mobile home, pay rent on property?

Posted by deps (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 26, 06 at 16:47

Having found this site, I sure hope I can find some answers here. I live in New Jersey in a mobile Park, 55+.

I own the home but rent the land it sits on. It might be called something other than what I stated above but i think you all understand. My house sits on blocks which sit on a concrete border under and around the home. Here is the tricky question. i was told I am paying rent for that pad.

the pad is now cracking and broken in my back corner and the house is starting to sloop. the skirting is starting to bend outwards. I went to the park manager and he said that it is my respons. I stated that if I moved my home, do I take a cement pad with me? no I don't, you bring in another home and set it on the pad. They just did this a year ago, one block over. People moved their home and another was boughtin and put there on that pad. Has anyone ever run into this? I'm at a loss but feel if the park owners use the pads to place other homes on it, would it not be their pad, therefore responsible for repairs. Ok folks, all replys are sure welcome
Thank you all very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mobile home, pay rent on property?

I would look at your lease agreement.

If it is your responsibility, can't you adjust the number of blocks that corder sits on?

o

There is nothing in the lease pertaining to the pad, interesting isn't it?

o

In my aea, once the health department gets involved, the park owner finds out they do have to take care of things they didn't want to early on. Call your local health department and ask for an inspection if that falls under their department. If not the health department I'm sure they can direct you to the proper official.

o

Not only must the man who accepts the rent money be responsibility for the pad condition, but he should pay for any repairs of the home on the defective pad .

Threaten to sue for damages, and "mental anguish"..

o

Contact these people to find out your legal rights in Nj,all states are diff,but having lived in Nj in the past I know that it is very pro-tenant on most issues.

Manufactured Home Owners Association of New Jersey, Inc.
P.O. Box 482
Toms River, NJ 08755
(732) 370-4710

o

THE STATE LAW IN NEW JERSEY ABOUT INCREASES IN SECURITY DEPOSITS SAYS A LANDLORD CAN ONLY RAISE YOUR DEPOSIT ONCE A YEAR NO MORE THEN 10% ON CURRENT DEPOSIT. I'VE LIVED IN THIS MOBILE HOME PARK FOR 43 YRS. THIS IS MY SECOND MOBILE HOME HERE. MY CURRENT DEPOSIT IS ONLY $90 HE WANTS TO RAISE IT $364.00 more. IF MY CURRENT DEPOSIT IS $90 10% IS $9 AM I RIGHT?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here