Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deps_gw

mobile home, pay rent on property?

deps
18 years ago

Having found this site, I sure hope I can find some answers here. I live in New Jersey in a mobile Park, 55+.

I own the home but rent the land it sits on. It might be called something other than what I stated above but i think you all understand. My house sits on blocks which sit on a concrete border under and around the home. Here is the tricky question. i was told I am paying rent for that pad.

the pad is now cracking and broken in my back corner and the house is starting to sloop. the skirting is starting to bend outwards. I went to the park manager and he said that it is my respons. I stated that if I moved my home, do I take a cement pad with me? no I don't, you bring in another home and set it on the pad. They just did this a year ago, one block over. People moved their home and another was boughtin and put there on that pad. Has anyone ever run into this? I'm at a loss but feel if the park owners use the pads to place other homes on it, would it not be their pad, therefore responsible for repairs. Ok folks, all replys are sure welcome

Thank you all very much.

Comments (6)