Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmatx_gw

Permanent Marker on Walls and Washer

gmatx zone 6
15 years ago

I also posted this over on the "HOME DISASTER" site but thought I might get better help here as this is a manufactured home I have the problem with.

I need major help!! Have already blown my top over this nightmare of a "child endangering, midnight moveout, drug-using, failure to pay rent" renter. Now, I've got to get the property cleaned up - hopefully - so it can be rented again.

Here are the problems.....The youngest child (who was really a loveable 2 year old) got her hands on some permanent markers and wrote on the walls of her bedroom, the front of the new washing machine, and several other walls/doors. Will WD40 take it off the washing machine? Haven't tried yet because I didn't want to just spread the ink around if it doesn't take it completely off.

Also, they started painting the master bathroom barn red, but since they did not use Kilz on the vinyl coated walls, the paint is peeling off around part of the tub. I want that paint off all the walls, so any good suggestions about how to get it off without damaging the vinyl coating on the panels?

They ruined the Berber carpet in at least 2 bedrooms with weed drug residue and other unknowns! They must have really been huffing and puffing weed and using the crack pipe I found the last couple of weeks before they left. I'm praying that I can clear the odor out by just removing the carpet, repainting the trailer (it has textured walls in 2 bedrooms and the living room), but I know I may have to seal the floor and put Kilz on the walls...sure hope not. Also ruined the Pergo floor in the hallway - at least the rest of it seems to be okay.

Thanks for reading my rant. Please give me some good cleaning tips. (And no flaming me, please. We had a contract, references, etc. She always kept the house nice and clean, so I know most of this came down within the last couple of weeks before they skipped. Prior to that, we had no problems with them. And, yes, he has been reported to law-enforcement and other agencies.)

Gmatx

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design