Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
damage caused by falling tree

Posted by capo1966 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 13:12

The lease in this park stipulates that any tree, shrub or bush planted by homne owners become the property of the park owner and may not be removed when leaving the community. However, there are a number of large trees in common areas that are close enough to homes that they could cause damage if they fall (one just missed my house last week when it fell in high winds). Even if these trees weren't in common areas, the owner of the park has stipulated in the lease that all trees are his property. However, he has also said that the care of trees in the park are the responsibility of home owners - that includes removal, trimming, etc. Does anyone know what New Jersey law says on this subject. If a tree were to damage my home could the park owner be held liable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: damage caused by falling tree

capo1966,
Unfortunately I cannot answer your question. But fyi, this forum is not very active, you would probably have better luck going to the mobilehomerepair.com, the site owner also runs a mobile home park. The forum is very active and I would assume you would get some answers there! Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here