Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal roof blown off, Texas

Posted by wilber (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 10, 07 at 11:01

Does anyone know the required spacing of fasteners for a sloped metal roof in Wind Zone 1? My roof blew off in a high wind incident and the roof fasteners are only at the juncture with wall and roof membrane.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal roof blown off, Texas

all manufactured homes today have to be made under hud standards i assume this was a factory metal roof call the hud office in texas and someone there will be able to tell you what the fasteners length is also the atterny generals office has a office on manufactured homes for some reason. but you might have a case against the manufacture on this. zone 1 covers 90 % of the country.

o
RE: Metal roof blown off, Texas

Man, what a defect. Do you actually mean the metal came off or was other parts of the roof involved, like the rafters, OSB and such? How old is your home? That really don't matter, but just curious?
I know someone you can talk to about that. Most posts here are questionable?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here