o
Plywood or OSB

Posted by quillowsdotcom (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 30, 07 at 8:49

Which is better Plywood or OSB?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plywood or OSB

Hard to say one is better than the other. Properly applied, and the proper grade selected for the situation, they are comparable. Generally, plywood exposed to constant moisture will fare better, but neither material should be allowed to soak up water. As far as strength, both will be adequate for home construction (again if installed properly.)

I believe that currently more OSB decking is being manufactured than plywood, an indication of the acceptance of the material. (That, and the slightly lower cost.) Also, in using very small pieces of wood, OSB is an effective method of conserving trees.

Wayne

o
RE: Plywood or OSB

I guess the Advantech floor T&G material is considered OSB board and I can personally attest to its toughness. I used it to build a doghouse and never got around to putting on any roofing materials or painting it. It has set outside fully exposed to all weather conditions for 3 years with little damage only slight edge swell. Dont know about the other OSB board materials but THIS IS GOOD STUFF.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here