Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
black_thumb

Manufactured Home Interesting additions

black-thumb
17 years ago

Hi

I thought it might be nice for those who have done some interesting things to your home to share. I wish I could find this site again but I've searched and searched but cant find it again. It was a man who bought a second mobile home and attached it to his original mobile home. If I remember correctly he dit a T shap. The inside turned out very nice the only thing I didn't care for was he had it up on super high stilts. You could literally walk underneath it and still have head room. Made it look weird from the outside. The inside job however was spectacular. He even had an inwall fishtank. He had to struggle a little to get approval to combine the two, but he did it. This was a few years ago so his site may not even be up anymore but I'll keep scouring the net to try and find it.

So those of you who own a manufactured home what have you done to it? Added decking, a porch, garage, granite counter tops, upgraded fixtures added on another room etc. Pics are always of the good!

Comments (10)

• anna_8nc
    17 years ago

I haven't done any major projects yet, but I am interested in putting in some window sills and perhaps some window frames. Does anyone have pictures or plans?
    Anna

• sharon_fl
    17 years ago

I didn't do any expanding additions, but what I did do was reface my L shaped bathroom vanity. It is an older MH and that proverbial 'boomerang print' formica was on it in a YUGLY gold. So I cut, laid & grouted 1588 pieces of stained glass-in mosaic pieces of hunter green, teal, turquoise & mauve. Turned out great!!

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

My husband and I have been redoing the entire inside of our DW - mostly paint and new trim. It is only 6 years old but from the day I bought it new I had plans to put my 'stamp' on it. Here is a picture of our window sills and window trim plus a link to another thread where I had posted before and after pictures......

Lynne

Here is a link that might be useful: before and after pictures

• Shades_of_idaho
    17 years ago

" * Posted by sharon_fl (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 12:42

I didn't do any expanding additions, but what I did do was reface my L shaped bathroom vanity. It is an older MH and that proverbial 'boomerang print' formica was on it in a YUGLY gold. So I cut, laid & grouted 1588 pieces of stained glass-in mosaic pieces of hunter green, teal, turquoise & mauve. Turned out great!!"

WHAT!!! And no pictures?? Oh Please post a picture!! I am considering doing mosaic on the mirror frame in the guest bath.

Anna8nc WE have just plain wood window sills that came with the home. Since we do have six inch walls the sills hang out another inch and a half past the edge of the wall. Makes a nice landing for plants.

lynnencfan Your Green and white bath is just beautiful!!!

Chris

• anna_8nc
    17 years ago

Sharon, your project sounds beautiful. Lynne, your picture looks just like what I would like for my windows. Can you tell us how you did it? Is the top of the window frame purchased molding?
    Thanks, Anna

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

Anna - I am going for the farmhouse/cottage look in my place so the moldings are just 1x3's cut to size as is the molding around the ceiling. We had that generic fake oak thin molding before. I didn't have any windowsills before and they are 1x6's with brackets underneath. I have several years of Country Decorating magazine and showed my husband pictures of what I liked and he did all the rest. Of course it helped that he had 17 years of construction work on the Outerbanks of North Carolina to draw from so knew how to do the cottage look. Here are more pictures of the remolding that we have done so far. The pictures in the slideshow work backwards from after to before but you will get the idea

Here is a link that might be useful: more remolding pictures

• black-thumb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes please everyone post pics of whatever youv'e done. Lynne you did a great job! Did you do those shelves and beadboard yourself? It looks really good!

• lynnencfan
    17 years ago

Thank you all for the complimants - it has been fun putting our own personal touches on the place.

Black-thumb - the beadboard was in the family room but was oak - so I just painted it white. My husband built the shelving unit. We were getting a new 32" TV and I didn't want another large entertainment center. The TV is in the corner where the little one was in the picture. We did put up the beadboard in the dining area and filled in the openings between the rooms up at the ceiling and did all the ceiling beams where those ceiling strips are....

Lynne

• sharon_fl
    17 years ago

Just got a digital camera but still have yet to figure out how to snap & store, etc. pics with it..will post a picture when I do! Of course-I could go out on the main street & pull some 13 yr old kid in-they'd no doubt, do it in a heartbeat!! LOL

• black-thumb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL! Can't wait to see your pics!

Sponsored