Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinets in scrambling for the right UCL

Posted by jpeana (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 22:33

One trip to the lighting store and I realize that I should have included them in my plans! Cabs are in and romex pulled to each under cab. Any thoughts appreciated on whether to consider a low voltage system (he has WAC brand ribbon LED system) or utilize the voltage already pulled to the cabs. Any brand reccos appreciated! (antique white cabs and medura gold granite with reddish hue) Thanks and regards.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinets in scrambling for the right UCL

Use the direct wire. The following thread has more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Led Ucl continuation

o

Many Thanks!

o

I picked up an 11" powercore profile this AM to try out. If we are happy w/ em we will go for it. I cant find the answer to this question.. when i get to a corner where 2 cabinets meet, should i go to the corner with one fixture and place the adjacent one near it (making a T) or should I place them with their corners meeting making a 90 degree angle? Thanks.. jp

o

I would do a T to max the lighting in the corner.

o

VERY HAPPY with these LED Philips eW Profile bars direct wire --thanks to davidtay

o

Thanks all and esp you DT.. Just placed the order for these with Platt electrical in Oregon. Good prices and I will let you know re how they arrive. Here in nyc, most lighting stores i shopped stocked WAC. Looked ok but bulky compared to the phillips profile. Happy Holidays and thanks for the help!!

o

jpeana
how did this work out for you ? Did you install the lights ? please post photos for others who are considering these lights.

o

Thanks for the follow up.. The lights didnt arrive yet (due today). I will keep you posted. Thanks, jp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here