Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remote transformer connection HELP!

Posted by yakker2 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 10, 11 at 18:15

I have an Alfa monorail that has fried its connectiobn to the transformer. I need a rail mounted attachment to the transformer, but Alfa has gone out of business in that department. Is there any type 'clamp on' power connector that will work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remote transformer connection HELP!

Does anyone know of a compatable connection for this two circut rail??

o

You can try distributors and hope someone has something, but most of this stuff is proprietary and no one but the original manufacturer makes it.

You can also try to repair it yourself.

o

Thanks, brickeyee...I'm pretty much up a creek on this one.

o

If it is just a feeder connection it should not be all that hard to repair or rebuild.

o

My issue is appearances. Right now I have rigged a lamp wire onto the rail with tiny binder clips and cardboard as an insulator. Pretty classy, no?

o

How badly damaged is the factory clip?

You may be able to restore it to operation.

o

The factory issued feed has melted arount one connector. Even if I jump a wire the bad side, the screw that holds the feed onto the rail is part of the melt-down, so the screw on part won't attach. I'm going to try using a rail connection part to hold the wire... we'll see.
Thanks a whole bunch for your input!

o

you can try and make one using plastic (plexiglass) and then paint or cover it with metal foil tape to make it match.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here