Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yellowstonebanks

Phillps eW profile powercore hookup confusion

yellowstonebanks
10 years ago

I am trying to hookup a philips eW powercore under cabinet LED light fixture using their switched permanent wiring box. In the product guide it shows for a North American installation that the switched wiring box goes on the back wall and is connected with a cable to the end of the light fixture. However, the connector on the wiring box is male so the usual cables can not connect to it. In other documents it shows the wiring box connected directly to the end of the light fixture and not connected as shown in the product guide.

Can the switched wiring box be hooked up as shown in the product guide? If so is there a cable available to do that?

My electrician thinks it needs to be hooked up using the second method. He plans to get power from inside the wall (there is a nearby outlet). He says that a second junction box is needed on the wall with a cable going from there to the switched junction box on the end of the fixture. Is that correct or can we install it without having to install a second junction box on the wall?

Thanks for your help, this has been confusing to me...

Comments (2)