Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need bright outdoor 12V spot

Posted by GoofyYno (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 15:44

Hi,
I need to light a 10 foot x 10 foot art piece by my pool from 35 feet away. there is a 12 v line of ground lights- not sure of total wattage or voltage drops, but I thought I replace 1-2 existing light with some spots that would be brighter.

are there lights I should look at or is the distance too far for what I want.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need bright outdoor 12V spot

You mean something like eW Blast powercore?

Here is a link that might be useful: eW Blast link

o

I have the tops of two 35' palms lit with one 35w MR16 and one 20w MR16 spots, powered by my 12v landscape system. Those are bright bulbs, and the fixtures are easily found. I believe that MR16's are also available in 50w, which I think will turn out to be brighter than you want.

Careful with pointing bulbs like that so that they affect your neighbors. They are not pleasant to look at.

o

David, I'm not sure those are for 12 v systems.

pbridge good point, unfortunately there is some holes for light, that can probably be seen through the Arroyo. I actually bought a 50 w with was too much for the system , but if a 20 or 30w work for you, I will try one.

thanks

o

I know the eW blast is not. However, if you're contemplating replacing fixtures for additional illumination, there are other options to consider.

Visit sites like superbrightleds.com, phantomlighting.com for some ideas and http://www.12voltoutdoorlighting.com/outdoor-flood-lights.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here