Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
18tons

LED rail lighting decisions

18tons
10 years ago

hi - I would like to put a bendable rail with LED heads over my counter and sink. There is a junction box directly over the sink (can see this in picture) where the transformer would attach to. I am thinking one head over the sink, one over the work area (cutting board) and then one over each of the two stools at the counter (see picture). This would be a total of 4 heads. I'm considering using the "FJ scope" heads from "Edge Lighting". These are 10W heads that have easily adjustableâ beam diameters which I thought would be nice. (They are priced a little high, I think) I plan to use bendable rail so that I can match the curve of the counter.

My questionâÂÂâÂÂs are:
1. If you are familiar with these heads, does it seem worth it, price wise? (I also like the way that they look :-)

2. âÂÂâÂÂDefault is about 1" standoff from the ceiling, but I think it would look better to have a longer stand-off between ceiling and rail. Is there an optimum distance between the head and counter? Suggestions?

3. Lastly, I want the rail to have a similar curve to the counter. I'm trying to determine how far in from the edge of the counter that the rail should be located. 12"? 18"?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions or comments that anyone familiar with this can offer. âÂÂâÂÂI pasted in a picture for reference.âÂÂ

thx for any suggestions that you can offer!

Comments (5)