Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark_g_gw

Brand Mfrs You Recommend for Recessed Lighting

mark_g
14 years ago

It's been 14 years since my last major lighting project. In the world of better fixtures particularly in energy conservation, it seems there have been significant changes.

We used Capri on our last renovation--though not well known here, the lighting designer believed their diecast trim was superior to other makers. The fixtures have been excellent and stood the test of time.

I would appreciate if you would share what brand of lighting we should be looking at for our new construction. I understand the lamps (mostly), but am looking for recommendations for small aperture MR-11 and MR-16 as well as larger aperture for line voltage general illumination -- particularly: who makes the best airtight fixtures? Insulated fixtures? The best quality trim options?

Questions on lamps:

I have used compact (PL?) fluorescent in commercial settings--is anyone using them for high-end residential work in lieu of line voltage incandescent for general illumination? Or what is the standard today for general illumination--we used 100W A bulbs in Lightolier fixtures in the last project, and they, too, have performed well.

And has anyone used the line voltage MR-16s in lieu of low voltage?

Thanks in advance for any & all feedback! --Mark

Comment (1)

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County