Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patrickhuynh1997

Lighting Project:

PatrickHuynh1997
10 years ago

Hello Everyone!
I'm currently doing my DT AS level and am at the beginning of my light project. I have had an idea for outdoor guide lighting which incorporates a motion sensor (PIR) or an LDR which will be used as a light sensor. I envision this lighting system being like the lights on a landing strip except on a path outside (2 strips, 1 on either side of the path)- it would allow you to simply walk towards where the path is and the lights will light up, taking away any sort of physical interaction such as flicking a switch. The light from the LEDs would be subtle and not too bright, just so that the path is clearly outlined with a soft light.
For my research section I need to find out if this is the right path to take in terms of lighting and if there is a gap in the market for something like this. I have seen LED lighting that can illuminate a path however none in the form of a continuous strip of RGB LEDs. I was wondering if perhaps I could get the input of this website's community as to whether or not you think this lighting system is something you might buy or if there are things which you think could be improved. At this point it is only a concept, so any kind of input at all would be really helpful!
Thank you,
Patrick

Comments (3)