Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yellowstonebanks

UCL- fixture lengths, maxlite, Philips, etc..?

yellowstonebanks
11 years ago

I'm trying to decide on ucl lighting for a small remodeled kitchen. After reading posts here I have focused on Philips powercore profile and maxlite fixtures. The Philips seems to be highly recommened but the lengths available don't match my cabinets well.

3 of the cabinets are about 30" wide, measuring about 28" of available space due to the sides extending down. That means one 19" Philips fixture or two 12" Maxlites. Given the extra 5" of length with Maxlites would I be better off with them? What features of the Philips are superior and would those features outweigh the shorter length?

I also need to choose color temmperature, 3000 or 4000 for Philips / 2700 or 5000 for maxlites - anyone have comments on what is best?

Does anyone know if there are switched junction boxes available for the Maxlites? That would simplify my installation. Philips does have those available for their fixtures.

Finally I noticed Savio Lighting has very slim T-4 fluorescent under cabinet fixtures that come in a wide range of lengths and are somewhat less expensive than the above LED lights. Has anyone tried these? How would the light quality compare to the LED's?

Thanks

Comment (1)