Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any photos of tech lighting low voltage surface mounted transform

Posted by helou (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 13:23

I'm planning to get a Tech Lighting low voltage track lighting "system." I live in NYC in a building with concrete ceilings and walls, and we're not allowed to install new power into the ceiling. There is an existing overhead fixture which we will use to power the track. The lighting person I brought is says we have to use a 300 watt transformer which will be attached where the current fixture is.

The transformer looks very bulky in the photos I've seen - around 9 inches diameter by 5 inches high. Does anyone have any pictures of how this looks installed in a room? I was hoping for a clean, contemporary look, and I'm concerned that this will look out of place.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any photos of tech lighting low voltage surface mounted trans

Tech has a mini surface transformer for their monorail system. It is a 300 watt transformer and about the size of a pendant light canopy (Which is I think around 4 inches) Here is a picture of it from their website
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The link below has a video of their transformers. The mini surface transformer is shown towards the end of the video. Also if you look on the tech website they have photos of their monorail systems so you can see how they look. If the transformer that I posted above is not the correct one for your application there are several others shown on their website. Click on the product tab, then system and then monorail and finally hardware.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tech surface mount transformer

o
RE: Any photos of tech lighting low voltage surface mounted trans

Thank you so much! It would be great if this will work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here