Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remote control lighting

Posted by ala9222 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 13:04

I would like to have a way to turn some lights on when pulling in my garage. My garage lights are the big florescent bulbs so not sure if i can hook anything up to this but what about a few interior lights as im pulling in at night? Is there anything out there that doesn't cost a ton? Everything i have looked at had terrible reviews.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remote control lighting

Do you mean in your house, or in your garage?

For in your house, there is an automated home system you can purchase, X10 being one of them...

o
RE: Remote control lighting

for outside, You can buy sensors that will turn on the lights when you drive the car into the driveway or even walk in the driveway. We have 2, 75 watt Halogens up high on the garage and each has it's own sensor to turn it on.
You can buy these sensors (Motion detectors at Home Depot-- about $20, as I recall.
They are easy to install and you could also do one inside the garage too, should you wish.
Good luck!

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here