Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How high should vanity lights be-9' ceilings?

Posted by swhite10 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 9:11

Our vanity lights were installed yesterday and in the master bath, they are nearly at the ceiling. I don't know why it was wired so high up, and of course I never knew anything was askew until the lights were installed. There's obviously plenty of room for a humongous mirror. I don't even know what options I have at this point, but they do look ridiculous sitting up that high. How high are your vanity lights installed on the wall with your 9' ceilings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How high should vanity lights be-9' ceilings?

If you are talking about on either side of the mirror, they shouild be mounted 5'6".
If your're talking about over the mirror, it should be mounted at 6'6" to 7'0".

o

My builder and I had this discussion yeasterday. Most vanity lights are placed atleast 6'3" to around 7'. Partly depends on the size of your lights.(He had me bring the print out of the lights I ordered with the sizes) Also have to account for hieght of user.(Planning for future growth of my 14 year 6' son in his bathroom)

o

Our are mounted higher because of the height of the mirror that's going in there. I remember it all clearly now, but had to be reminded by several workers why they were placed so high.
Thanks for your responses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here