Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ceiling fan light flickers

Posted by mikend (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 21, 08 at 6:43

hi all. We have a Hunter ceiling fan with light kit, which uses a remote control for the fan and light (which is dimmable).

The fan was in the house since we bought it 3+ years ago, and shortly after we moved in, we replaced the remote control assembly, since the old one was recalled (Hunter sent us the replacement- model 27185-060). It has worked fine until now.

When we turn the light on, after a short while it dims itself, and then flickers on and off. It will stop doing this if we dim the light, or turn it off.

If anyone has an idea of what mey be wrong, and help is appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ceiling fan light flickers

actually- it does not flicker on and off, but rather flickers between bright and dimmer.

o
RE: ceiling fan light flickers

I have the same problem.
I just installed a hunter ceiling fan a couple of weeks ago. I installed a hunter remote for it. The lights fliker now and then. I was told it could be from another remote unit. The lights flicker in a room that has bluetooth signal for the computer and cell phone. I don't know if this would cause that or not.

Since the remote is somewhat like a garage door opener remote in the sense that the code setting can be changed, I may change the hand held remote AND the unit remote (near the fan wiring) to another code. Hopefully this will correct the problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here