Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylight LED module in Halo 4" Can

Posted by JJack_321 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 12 at 0:44

Hi,

Intending to have recessed LED in the kitchen, I had the contractor install Halo 4" cans - H995RICAT.

Then I started looking for the LED module and realized Halo sells only one colour - 3000k. In the kitchen, we are used to daylight. I considered putting CFL in the Halo cans but these are specially designed for LED modules :( Looked up CREE but CR6 only has 2700k. LR6 has 3500k but does not look compatible with the Halo can.

The contractor and I scratched our respective heads and are pretty much out of ideas. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylight LED module in Halo 4" Can

All the LR6 and CR6 series are intended for use in 6" cans.

Options
1. Adapt to the 300k light color.
2. Switch out the cans and lamps.

The link below gives you an alternative.

Here is a link that might be useful: CSL Eco mini down light

o

Halo makes 4" LED light engines in 2700K, 3000K, 3500K (neutral), and 4100K (cool white) oolors, though all only 83 CRI.

o

....although 4100K is still a bit short of daylight which would be more like 5000K. I think someone (LSGC?) has 5000K PAR20 or BR20 5000K LED downlights that fit 4" cans which would be another alternative.

o

HD carries a 5000k version of the CREE CR4, marketed under the EcoSmart label. They have versions with screw-in, and with GU-24 connections.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ecosmart 4 inch 5000k

o

....except that it's out of stock online and in all my local stores. But if it's on their website, it may be on the way soon (or in some stores elsewhere). Hope it's still 90+ CRI. Should be a great light.

o

Yes, HD doesn't seem to be selling the 5000k "cr4" online. They show as available in several stores local to me, but only 3 or 4 per store.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here