Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Replacement cover for light

Posted by gitananoel (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 26, 08 at 21:40

On my kitchen ceiling I have a 48inch long fluorecent light fixture.

It holds two 40 watt bulbs. Some klutz staying in the apartment broke the cover
only. Is the cover replaceable or do I need a new fixture? I want the same size with two forty watt fluorecent bulbs

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Replacement cover for light

There are companies that can make replacements for some styles but they may not be exactly the same. This makes the most sense for schools and offices but probably isn't worth it for one fixture in a home. If the fixture is very old with T12 lamp & ballast (40 watt says this is true) this may be a good time to upgrade to T8.

RE: Replacement cover for light


RE: Replacement cover for light

The cover is definitely replaceable and most likely manufactured by Mercury Lighting.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here