Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you name this pendant?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 11 at 21:10

Hello,

Popping over from Kitchens. I've fallen in love with the globe pendants in this pic from House Beautiful, but I don't know how to find the source:

Photobucket

The online article featuring the home is here:

http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/power-of-pattern

Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you name this pendant?

I can't, but I'd bet you could write to the magazine and ask. But also, I wonder if you'd get a lot of glare when those lights are on. I love hanging fixtures, but maybe not where the bulbs are so in-your-face?

Karin L

o

Thanks, great idea about writing the magazine.

I've also wondered about the glare! It's why I chose opaque white glass pendants for above my island...the light is focused on the island but also diffuses through the room without causing the glare.

I've spent some time in friends' homes who have glass lanterns/pendants above the island, though, and the glare doesn't bother me. So, when I saw these, I fell in love and I'm thinking of swapping them out.

o

I'm always a big fan of trying things out. Even if it doesn't work, at least you don't have to be wondering forever what it would be like! So I hope you find them, and they work. Just don't get rid of the old ones too fast :-)

Karin L

o

You got me on the hunt! I love houzz, and true to form they have it with a quick search of globe pendant chain ;)

I asked the designer a question about them - when I hear back I'll let you know!

Old Greenwich Beach Cottage contemporary kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: globe pendant chain search

o

Hi Dalma,

I got it! It's from Remains Lighting, it's the Sorenson Pendant!

You can get it in various finishes and sizes, made to order, with or without a metal netting that makes a very cool diamond pattern.

Here's the link:

http://www.remains.com/search?q=sorenson&order=3&item=8&sku=hl2617.14

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here