Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with outside flood lights. Need insight!

Posted by theprez9 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 18:53

Greetings!

We've been having some issues with our outdoor flood lights. It is 1 unit that has 2 bulbs and is a motion security light etc. It was installed about 2 years ago and have had no issues until last day.

The setting on the light is for it to use the motion sensor from "dusk to dawn". So I got out the ladder and went up there today (with the intentions of replacing the bulbs) but the sensor has a "test" option and both lights came on... so there went that idea of new bulbs.

I waited till tonight to see if the issue happened again and it did. So I am not sure what to do next??

We're on the east coast and have had about a week of rain, so I am not sure if that means anything (but obviously it's been in the rain over the past years)but just not sure. Also the test option has me confused because the lights did come on.

The sensor box does have a little red light that will blink and it is still doing that... just not getting the lights to come on.

Appreciate any thoughts out there :)
Thanks again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with outside flood lights. Need insight!

The test options is for the lamps only, and NOT the photocell...

Climb back up and test the photocell by completely covering it with your palm or something that will block the light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here