Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lutron switched for LED lights

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 18:22

We are doing a major remodel and just completely rewired the house. We have LED cans in many places, GU24 surface mounts, and some LED monorails and other low voltage fittings. Which Lutron dimmer switch will work the best? Lutron seems to have C-L type dimmers in their Diva series and Maestro series. What is the difference.. Just the looks?

Lalitha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lutron switched for LED lights

I think you need to check each light to see what the manufacturer recommends. I recall it being very confusing, but some of my LED lights needed an electronic dimmer and some needed a magnetic dimmer. Also, there were some manufacturers that worked better with some lights than others, and the manufacturer should be able to provide a list of compatible ones. Then you can select your "style" and hopefully they will come in all of the types you will need.

o

By all means check the Lutron website for compatibility. Good luck, and please share your experience. I have yet to get my LED sconces ( dimable
) to dim even after trying four different Lutron LED compatible dimmers.

o

Gabor, what make/model of LED do you have in your sconces?

Lalitha, what LED models are you using?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here