Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cree Ecosmart - Will optional trim fit?

Posted by numbersjunkie (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 16:18

Just installed 3 new Ecosmart LED downlights from HD in my upstairs hall, and they give off too much glare. Does anyone know if the trims Cree makes for the CR6 will fit the HD version? Will this help the glare, or should we just try to put them on a dimmer?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cree Ecosmart - Will optional trim fit?

Haven't tried it, but to my knowledge the Ecosmarts are identical to the Cree-branded units except for the shorter warranty and lack of commercial Energy Star certification; phsyically they are the same, so I'd expect the Cree trims to fit. You may want to call Cree and verify though.

o
RE: Cree Ecosmart - Will optional trim fit?

Thanks for the response. Yes, that was my understanding also, but I just wanted to be sure before I ordered the trims - to see if anyone has actually added them and if they helped reduce the glare. The ones in my kitchen are fine even when on full brightness - but ceilings there are 8 ft. These are in my upstairs hallways which is open to the LR & Entry and so maybe that is why they bother me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here