Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
another undercabinet light help please!

Posted by j-yk (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 15:59

Now I have to decide whether to go with Xenon under cabinet light (it will be Juno) or regular flourescent under cabinet light (GE premium ones supposedly with no hums and delays...) I can't go with LED because of the cost and immediate availability.

Dimming function is not as important but I do like the Xenon light quality but a bit worried about the effect of the heat on the upper cabinet since our cabinet is not a solid wood (Ikea cabinet). I heard that some of Xenon makes the bottom of the upper cabinet peel over time. Or have they become better? Of course, GE fluorescent ones will be cheaper by about $100 or so.

Any opinions? What would you go with? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: another undercabinet light help please!

T4 fluorescent.

o
RE: another undercabinet light help please!

Another vote for the GEs. We've had ours (5 total) for 5 years and they still work great. Think I've replaced one bulb. I was just reading some threads on other subjects where the bottom line was "you get what you pay for."

This is one case where spending more money doesn't add lots of value.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here