Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Undercabinet Lighting Help

Posted by bakerboston (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 16, 11 at 15:33

I have 3 wall cabinets going into my brand new kitchen remodel. There are 2 that are 21" wide and 1 that is 24" wide. Based on this, what size undercabinet lights should I get? I want them to be xenon and have the ability to hardwire all 3 to a single dimmer switch. Would love any advice on sizes and specific lights (links to specific products are welcome)! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Undercabinet Lighting Help

Consider geting an LED fixture instead. The light color will be just fine, are dimmable and they will turn far less electricity into heat. That is important because the heat will go up and into enclosed cabinets. Just check out the fixtures at Home Depot or your local lighting store for ones that fit within the inside width of your cabinets.

o

We replaced our original halogen "hockey puck" lights with LED ones from Home Depot and have been very happy with them. They produce a nice light. We don't dim them, have never found a need for that because they point down and don't produce glaring light.

o

What about the color of the light from LED? We chose a rangehood that didn't have a LED light because of complaints that the light was blue.

We can't decide on undercabinet lighting and I feel I am going crazy over this one kitchen decision.

o

There is LED lighting that has a color output of 2700k - 3000k. The lighting need not be blue (>=3500k). Start another thread if necessary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here