Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED Desk Lamp Pandigital question about safety

Posted by lilleth (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 12:59

I bought a Panditial LED desk lamp, made in China, from Costo. It's a cute modern black lamp with plastic casing. I wanted it to replace old incandescent desk lamp that gets hot. I have questions about it safety. It says:

"Do not look directly into the lighting source as this may lead to vision damage or loss of sight.

Keep lamp away from combustible gas or materials.

Never place your LED lamp in direct sunlight, near direct heat source or open flame at the risk of damage or possible injury."

Are these the same warnings that would come with any type of lamp, or is there something more dangerous about LEDs ? Thanks for your advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED Desk Lamp Pandigital question about safety

LEDs are relatively compact, so the "don't stare into the sun" warning isn't unexpected -- you'll likely see the similar on the old "high-intensity" lights, as well as more contemporary halogen and Xenon lighting.

"Never place your LED lamp in direct sunlight" just seems bizarre -- then again, you did just buy a low-bid imported product that had to steal, I mean translate, the manual from somewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here