Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oops Ring for Lighting

Posted by lawyerguy (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 17, 08 at 10:38

Has anyone ever heard of an "Oops Ring?" I am told that this is something that can cover up a hole in the ceiling for lighting when the canopy is too small to cover it. I am told that it is similar to a Medallion but made out out of plaster vs. plastic(the kinds that I have seen). Is there somewhere online that I can go to to look at or is there something else that may work. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oops Ring for Lighting

A medallion is a good solution.

o

I needed to use these on some of my Lightolier recessed lights. Check with your recessed lighting manufacturer for wide flange rings that fit your model lamp.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lightolier Wide flange

o

Modernhouse,

I want to make sure that I understand, the ring that you are refering to is similar to the ring that fits over the opening for the recessed light?

I am attempting to install a hanging pendant light in place of recessed light, thus the hole in the ceiling is larger than the normal sized outlet box hole. Will what you are refering to work for this? Thanks!

o

If you all are speaking of medallions as housesavvy suggests, there are several sizes and styles available at the big box stores.

o

Sorry,
I misunderstood that you needed this for a recessed light fixture. That was the mistake we had to cover up in my case. These trim rings do not apply in your case.

o

These are similar to what you mean. They're available in metal or Kydex. I believe you can have the kydex ones custom cut

Here is a link that might be useful: Oops Rings Escutcheons

o

Thanks pound. In the same situation: replaced 5" recessed bulbs with a pendants on a wire. Big ugly holes up there now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here