Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
j_yk

Under cabinet light advice please!

j-yk
12 years ago

I was talking to my electrician today and I just realized that he did not plan - so the wiring is not ready for one of the upper cabinets. It's a 15" cabinet next to the microwave hood and the sink area that will have 2 recessed lights.

His arguement for not getting the under cabinet light there is becasue I have 2 recessed lights up in the ceiling next that particular cabinet and it's next to the microwave that has a light (which will NOT providelights for the adjacent cabinet area!) I do not need a separate light and it will be a waste of time and money (he gets paid by hour...)

I thought that getting an undercabinet light was not only to get enough light under cabinet area but also to be able to layer the lighting... In order for me to be able to do that without any funny part missing lights, won't I need an under cabinet liight there, too?

The problem area is circled in blue. The pink highlighter part shows wehre the other under cabinet lights will be.

Will it really be OK without a light there so should I really put my foot down and have him do it (I will have to pay him for more hours, too)?

Thank you in advance for the advice!

Here is a link that might be useful: under cabinet light planned

Comments (2)