Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodel lighting help!

Posted by dutchessmom (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 9:02

I am super stressing over the lighting in our soon to be new kitchen. Currently the lights are surface mounted down the middle of the room and there are three of them. Then there is one over the sink.

We are going to put in LED recessed lights (we think echosmart 6" from HD on dimmer) for a cleaner look as well as cool white under cabinets puck lights.

Please see attached picture, am I going WAY over the top? I hate my current kitchen because the light has NEVER been enough with lots of shadows. I wanted my new one to be lite up like daylight. :) but I also don't want to pull a tim allen. LOL

The one over the sink will be an LED strip light behind a wooden valance.

Also how close together would you mount the undercabinet lighting?

The electrician is coming over this weekend to run all of the new wiring... Thought I had it figured out but know I am freaking out.

Thank you for your help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodel lighting help!

Hope the following link helps. Also included is a link to the LED UCL discussion

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen recessed

o

I know this my seem like a dumb question but I want to make sure that I figure it the way you intended.
When you say 35 lumen per sqft. Does that mean walking space or from wall to wall? Thanks a bunch for your help. Sorry I posted, I should have scrolled down and found your info page.

o

Wall to wall as it will give you more margin to play with.

o

Thank you for your help. They are being installed today. :)

o

Dutchess, if you decide you need a bit more light somewhere, say over the sink, you can swap that one out for the Cree CR6 800 lumen version. It will match the Ecosmarts, just a bit brighter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here