Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockuf8

Under cabinet LED bulbs flickering

rockuf8
10 years ago

Have a weird issue with my under cabinet lights I can't figure out.

I'm using bi pin hockey puck style lights, but I replaced the halogen bulbs with the lower voltage, longer lasting, cooler running, LED bulbs.

The bulbs flicker, very slightly, it's subtle but it's enough to make me crazy. My wife can barely notice the flickering, but Ic an and I can't live with them as they are.

They are on a regular light switch and are hard wired and are all inline together, there is no dimmer used with these lights. I cut out wood stained it to match the under cabinets, then cut out circles to mount the pucks into so all wires would be hidden for a nice clean custom look.

I tried a few things. If I replace the last LED bulb inline with the regular halogen bi pin bulb they stop flickering completely. At first I thought it was a bad LED bulb, but I swapped out the bad bulb with the second to last bulb with the halogen last and they still don't flicker, so the LED bulb I thought was bad isn't the cause of the annoying flickering.

I'm using LED bulbs like the one shown below (notice the bi-pin halogen bulb in the pic they replaced)

Comments (6)