Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the13th

HELP: Living room lighting

the13th
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I need your opinion about main lighting in my living room. The room is 19.3 feet (5.9 meters) x 10.8 feet (3.3 meters).

on one side there's a sectional about 10 feet long side by 8.5 short side , and on the other side I'm thinking there'll be shelving for books and decorations, 2 comfy chairs and a coffee or game table.

The only lighting I have there is smack in the middle of the ceiling (marked with X on the hand drawn plan) that's not quite on top of anything. I'll also upload a picture of the room which shows the wires hanging and a picture of the fixture I want there (fixture base is about 1.4 feet/0.7).

The lucky part is the existing wiring is for 2 separate circuits, so I guess the question is this: do I move one of them a bit to the right (top of the sectional) and the other one to the left (top of the chairs+coffee table combo), or just leave the one fixture and place it a bit to the right??

If I do this, then I guess I would have a similar pendant on top of the coffee table to the left...

Comment (1)