Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which brand of recessed light?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 2:59

I am considering to have recessed light in kitchen, family room and living room. There are so many brands to choose. Home Depot has Ecosmart, Commerical Electric, Lithonia Lighting, and Halo. Lowes has Sylvania and Utilitech.

I saw some LED recessed lights were marked as IC compatible and airtight, some were not. If I choose Halo housing that's IC compatible and airtight, does it matter if the LED recessed light kit itself is not IC rated or airtight like Utilitech and Sylvania?

We have a one-story 1800 sq feet house. Would 6" recessed light look nice? It's hard to find 5" one unless we choose separate parts, which would cost much more, or choose the brand of Lithonia Lighting. Temperature of 3000K might look nicer.

Is there any brand of recessed light and corresponding dimmer that you would recommend?

Any input or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which brand of recessed light?

The following link has more information.

The size really depends on the style you want to achieve.

Here is a link that might be useful: LED recessed lights discussion

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here