Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Megabrite undercabinet lights

Posted by ashik (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 22:46

Costco is selling Megabrite Wireless Motion Sensor Undercabinet Lights - battery operated - LED . I am wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge? I wonder if I will be disappointed that I will need to turn the switches on manually on each one - not that I have a big kitchen - but will probably have two or three strips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Megabrite undercabinet lights

I've used the Ikea ones that attach to the drawer, and turn on when the drawer is moved - they work well. Haven't used toekick lighting, but I wouldn't want anything I couldn't be connected so you could turn them all on or off at once. There are long LED strips you can get that would work better.

o

We are looking at the same lights. I found some good reviews on Amazon. My biggest concern would be flying through batteries.

o

lindy1096 - I read somewhere that if that becomes an issue, the suggestion was to use rechargeable batteries.

o

All the effluence in the world is not going to increase the power available from the 6 AA batteries.

Actual light output values (like lumens) seems to be conspicuously missing amid all the advertising puffery.

Ten time the efficiency does not make all that much light from an AA battery.

o

I must add, after our 7 days without power due to Hurricane Sandy, that I LOVED these strips as a light source offering a wide span of bright light better than a beam from a flashlight. We are keeping the two packs I had purchased - even to only use during another power outage - using it hand-held!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here