Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babushka_cat_gw

need help! under cab lights will show - options?

babushka_cat
12 years ago

the cabinetmaker i hired has screwed up many things on my kitchen remodel. sadly, he is like the gift that keeps on giving. :(

the latest discovery: i provided the specs for the juno fluorescent under cab lights that my GC installs to ensure he built the recess deep enough to hide the lights. you guessed it, it is not deep enough. i have a 1" recess. from the dining room and livingroom I will see the light below. the cabs are all built and installed, nothing i can do about the cabinet construction now. trying to avoid adding trim to the bottom of my custom cabs, will not look good. juno lights not yet installed, wondering if i can find another model that is ultra thin to resolve this problem? junos are 1 1/6", this is set up as a hardwire install, the wire is hanging from the wall waiting for install.

what are my options for other ultra slim flourscent hard wired models? i was looking at the pegasus site T4s or T5's but it looked like they could not be hard wired - am i understanding that right? any other options? if i understand right ultra thin LED's are out because the wiring is already done, correct? in case this matters this is CA with strict title 24 rules, so needs to be fl or LED, cannot use any other products based on my light calculations.

Comments (7)