Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rxlikestodecorate

Would like to update pendants over island

rxlikestodecorate
12 years ago

I have 3 Kichler Galaxie - Mini Pendant 1Lt 2641N1 light fixtures over my kitchen island. They work just fine, but I'd like to update them. Currently they are brass with a clear glass shade. I'd like to update them. Does anyone know how I can replace the glass shade with a cylinder type shade. I don't like the idea of getting rid of perfectly good products that work just fine & are not broken or anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here's the web site that shows what they look like now (although mine are brass - I'd like to paint them dark bronze after I know I can do something about the glass shade). Web site: http://www.kichler.com/consumer/products/detail/2641NI Thanks.

Comment (1)

• roadbike
    12 years ago

A good lighting store should have several alternative shades that will fit. Either measure the base or bring one fixture in (more desirable but harder). Alternatively Kichler may be able to give you a cross reference to another shade on a newer lamp that will work.

However, considering that you will have to refinish not only the pendant base but everything above it you might want to look at just replacing all three fixtures. That way the look of the entire fixtur can be updated and not just the glass. Chances are the older ones can be sold on Craigslist for something.