Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor solar lighting with a natural white (like halogen) color?

Posted by mkiv808 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 18, 09 at 21:12

I'm looking to get a few outdoor lights. Probably 4-5 spotlights. They need to be solar powered. However, I don't like most solar powered outdoor lights as the white LED's do not match my other lighting. They are a bluish white vs yellowish white.

Anyone know what manufacturers - if any - make a solar LED outdoor light that has a yellowish, "natural" white?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor solar lighting with a natural white (like halogen) co

There are "warm" white LED's that you can buy. They have much more yellow and far less blue. In fact, you can often specify the colour temperature.

Unfortunately, most solar lights are quite cheap and have the bluish white LED's that you describe. In a lot of cases though, you could probably take apart the light and solder in the LED of your choice. And there are a *lot* of choices.

I make a lot of solar lanterns and similar solar/light art projects and I get all me LEDs from here: http://ledz.com/ An amazing selection. They have a distributer in the US, too.

Cheers, and good luck!
John Swanson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here