Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnancyanne

Last minute light change ~ need help!

gnancyanne
10 years ago

In the middle of my kitchen remodel and learned I can't have a recessed light over the sink due to a beam in the ceiling that's centered over the sink. So, I have to find a surface mount fixture. The problem is I'm using 2 decorative, coordinating fixtures in my galley kitchen with an eat-in area (one in each part), and the one in the galley is directly even with the sink. Therefore, I don't want the one I get to detract from the decorative fixture, but I also don't want it to look like "the builder's special".

This is what I'm looking for: 75 - 100 watts (in 1 or 2 bulbs); shallow so it's close to the ceiling; smallish diameter; probably chrome, but maybe white with white glass; and $100 or less, or at least not much over $100. I've seen some with acrylic (or other plastic material) instead of glass, but only online so I don't know what those really look like.

Here are pictures of the two fixtures I'm using; the flush mount is going to be in the ceiling even with the sink, the semi-flush mount is going to be in the eat-in area. (And, they really look great--even better than the pictures.)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments (2)