Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran123_gw

Kichler UCLs -- You Guys Are So Smart

fran123
11 years ago

Help--feeling so dense and so lost in most of this discussion about LED UCLs. Have waded through all the posts more than once and have managed only a limited grasp of basic concepts. I am presently hung up on in-wall direct wire vs transformers etc. I have an electrician who has made a bid that will cover all LED wiring, so cost or convenience of in-wall wiring is not an issue. However, because there is such a price differential between the the various options, the electrician is looking to me to pick a 'system.' The electrician will start doing his stuff in 2 days. Since every part of my kitchen remodel has run over budget, I am trying to avoid spending $1500+ on LED fixtures.

I was looking at the Kichler LED Design Pro setup , which would take some of the guesswork out of figuring out how to proceed , but have questions about their "fully dimmable" vs. "fixed dimming--on low, medium, and high). The fixed dimmable modules are half the cost of the fully dimmable. Is that a big deal? Does anyone have the low-medium-high dimming Kichlers?

Many thanks to you all for all the Q&A you have shared on the topic of UCLs....Haven't caught up to you but do appreciate the complexity much more now than previously. ;->)

Comments (4)