Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what dimmer for unilume UCL

Posted by flazoom (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 15:34

I am installing unilume UCL in my kitchen reno and need to find a compatible dimmer to use. 3 19inch unilume lights will be installed under 3 separate cabinets.
Since the fixtures are inline LED do I need a special dimmer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what dimmer for unilume UCL

Elv dimmer

o

Thank you.
While looking for a applicable switch I got myself a bit confused. We are going to use a 'legrand adorne' dimmer and the options I found are model ADPD453LM2 (paddle dimmer) and model ADTP703TUM4. the confusion is that on the legrand website part number ADPD453LM2 is for a 450W CFL/LED dimmer. The same part number on the HD or Lowes and many other websites shows a 700W ELV-LED-CFL dimmer.
What is the difference between CFL/LED and ELV/CFL/LED and will either work?

o

Fluorescent dimmers are typically step dimmers.

You'd probably need to try out the dimmer.

o

Here is the current TechLighting Unilume compatibility chart:

TechLighting UniLume Dimmer Compatibility Chart

Note they have only printed test results with Lutron and Levitron dimmers.

On the bottom of this page, they suggest derating the wattage ratings of incandescent dimmers by 90% and of ELV dimmers by 30%.

Compatibility isn't just about dimmer switch and brand of light, it is also about the load.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here