Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lamp Size vs table size

Posted by timwalker69 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 14:34

We have just purchased new BR furniture. The nightstands are 42" wide x 19" deep x 34" tall. The table top is currently about 9" above the top of the mattress.

I am looking for two things, how high should the lamp be based on mattress height(we do plan on a newer thicker mattres later) and how wide should it be?

Thanks,

Tim in Spring, TX

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lamp Size vs table size

It should be high enough to give you sufficient light while reading in bed and to provide light to the room. I've found that having the bottom of the lampshade at least 16 inches off the mattress top gives good lighting.

Be sure to check how top heavy or tippy the lamp is because those destined for end tables get bumped a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here