Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crosspost: please help choose chandelier and sconces

Posted by huango (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 12:16

(crosspost w/ GW Kitchen)

Hola,
I really need your help with choosing the chandelier (for over my peninsula) and 4 sconces to go between the 5 windows.

I am torn between 2 styles:
- schoolhouse (which goes with my large brick fireplace and wooden beams and wainscoting),
but I also like a little blingy (without being too contemporary).

I feel like the lighting choice will determine what the "look" of the kitchen will be. All my other choices so far have been ?neutral?

Thank you so very much for all your help.
I couldn't have done any of this w/out GW!!!
Amanda

My layout (darker base cabinets)

sample inspiration kitchens:

- Aokat's GORGEOUS!!!: notice her sconces between her sink windows

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crosspost: please help choose chandelier and sconces

i like the first semi-flush chandelier. and also the first one with regards to sconces.

o
RE: crosspost: please help choose chandelier and sconces

I think you should keep the lighting style consistent with the character of the house. So, having said that the transitional chrome fixtures with drum shades are totally out of character, as is the "blingy" choice. I don't think the farmhouse choice works either. Sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here