Return to the Lighting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
track/spot lighting in tiny kitchen

Posted by new.bee (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 11:40

Crossposted from kitchen forum
I'd like to replace the boob lamp in a very small galley kitchen (5'8" x 6'9") with IKEA spot/track light.
Photobucket
Do I need a 3-spot or 5-spot fixture?
The 5-spot is 52" but can be arranged at angles.
Photobucket
The 3-spot is straight and 28 inches long.
Photobucket
or a 3-spot in chrome with low energy bulbs
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: track/spot lighting in tiny kitchen

We're thinking of a more industrial type of track for our utilitarian kitchen. (We are planning on three Italian glass pendants over the sink, so it's not going to be completely industrial.)

Anyway, last week we were at Pottery Barn and I noticed that they use the same track lighting configuration throughout the whole store, consisting of alternating spot lights and flood lights. (This lighting is not a Pottery Barn product, just what they decided to use in their showroom.)

So, for our kitchen, I'm thinking of using four spotlights, shining on the work areas, along with three floodlights for the kitchen's general lighting. I'm a little concerned that having only spot lights might create some harsh shadows.

I'd like to find some good quality LED lights but haven't really started shopping yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lighting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here